T o determine when is the appropriate time to morph from the ‘slacker’ mode, to ‘exam face’ mode, one has to keep in mind the examination that he or she has to sit.
Each examination is different, and requires varying amounts of preparation time for each individual. So it’s important to firstly evaluate yourself. You of all persons know how quickly you grasp concepts and hence how much prep time you’ll need to be all pumped up and ready to go on exam day.
That said, below is a list of the mentality persons should have when they are in ‘exam face’ mode.
1. Never Fear the Exam: You have been preparing for the exam for weeks, you know what you will be tested on, and you have mastered the concepts. So there is no need to be afraid.
2. Be Confident: Having confidence in yourself and your ability is crucial if you’re going to be successful.
3. No time for Negativity: Don’t surround yourself with persons who are negative, it’s simply not the time for that time of energy, positive thoughts only!
4. Don’t Fool Yourself: Stay true to your ability and the amount of work you need to put in if you’re going to attain the set goals.
5. Don’t Watch Others: As people in the Caribbean would say, ‘Don’t watch others, watch yourself.’ This basically means that don’t be concerned with the preparations that your peers are putting in, be concerned with your work ethic.
Wizznotes.com © 2011, all rights reserved